Top critical review
Seller arranged free repair after a month. Hence I’m modifying my initial review.
Reviewed in India 🇮🇳 on 22 August 2021
M/s Bluewud arranged free repair and got the damaged backboards and support strip replaced.
The product is now fully serviceable, and I’ve upgraded the user rating to 3 Stars from initial rating of 1 star.
I would still not give it a ‘5 star rating’ due to following reasons.
1. The purchase cost of Rs.4450/- ( and another Rs 600 spent on assembly ) is too high. Upon seeing the product I strongly feel that Rs 4000 with free assembly included could have been OK. Spending beyond that makes this product unattractive for buyers, with so many options available today.
2. Furniture should be sold online only with Free assembly so that customer can compare among various platforms/options and arrive at right decision taking ‘end product cost’ as a benchmark.
3. Free assembly/installation ( location wise cost of the same May be loaded to the product cost ). This will let the customer know in advance that how much he/she has to actually spend.
4. Free assembly will invariably include unboxing by a person authorised by seller. Hence buyer don’t have to struggle to make seller understand that the damage hasn’t happened due to mishandling at his/her end.
5. ‘D-I-Y rather Do-It-Yourself tag’ is a clever way of washing hands off from assembly/installation related issues. Barring a few, most items require an expert / carpenter.
In view of the above, I have modified my initial review and upgraded product rating.
“My Initial Review”
I will not recommend this product due to following reasons:
1. In totality it’s Not worth more than Rs.3000/-. I have paid Rs.4450/- which is too too high for this.
2. The product was received with hylam sheet behind having broken edges at 2 portions. Accepted it since I felt no meaning in waiting for another 15 days for a replacement to come from Noida. May be they have knowingly got rid of a damaged piece by sending it to a far away place.
3. I’d to spend Rs.600/- extra for getting it assembled as no assembly is arranged by seller. With this the product costed me Rs.5140/-.
4. A better looking bookshelf from M/S Wakefit is available for Rs.4200/- with free assembly. It’s bigger in size than this.
5. Furniture products must be sold with Assembly arranged. Price may be adjusted accordingly. But Rs.4450/- is too too high even with free assembly arranged.
6. There’s lot of gaps around the doors.
7. The backboard is very weak. The product may not be able to bear heavy books.
Overall I felt this a very bad deal.
I would suggest everyone to look for other options including Wakefield bookshelf, instead of wasting money and time for this product from Bluewud