To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
A phone with amazing Value to Money. There is just one point which is that it's a 4g phone but if you are the one who will change the phone 1.5 or 2 years then this phone will be very efficient for You. Camera saturates the colour slightly but that's always a little problem with the Samsung camera used here, but overall the details are good. The multimedia experience is great with Dual stereo speakers and a 120 Hz sAmoled Display. Battery is also amazing. One thing is Sure that your money will not be wasted if You buy this phone.
1.0 out of 5 starsOverheating issue and network issue. Not good.
Reviewed in India on 27 March 2021
This phone has two major issues, overHeating issue, and a network issue. Display, Camera and build quality good. Overall not happy with the product due to heating issue and network issue. Heating issue irritates lot. Unable to use phone more then 30min.
1.Hate Flash Sale Don't know why MI still selling their phone in Flash Sale. Even if it is a genuine sale they should bring all the variants and colors. I wanted to buy Black color but after multiple weeks' attempt, they released only Vintage Bronze. Due to an emergency, I purchased that color without interest. Once I was a fan of MI, now after seeing these poor flash shale cheating strategies. Really disappointed!
2. Camera Bump Worst Camera Design Ever! Easily get scratches in camera glass when u place mobile. Even though I very carefully placed it still got few scratches. If any accidental drop damn sure the camera glass will break.
3.MIUI Bugs Facing a lot of UI bugs. But hope they will fix those issues in upcoming updates.
4. Worst Google Dialer Seriously! No use of call recording here. Google Dialer conveys the opponent that call recording initiated.. uhfff!! Not even a third-party application supports call recording for this mobile!
5. Phone Heating | Poor Battery Performance The phone heating issue is there for light usage itself. The battery drains faster in 60hz display settings what if I turned on 120Hz.
This is my last MI purchase and not recommended to anyone!
Worst amazon service, and im using redmi phones from last 4 years but this time totally disgusting and time wasting purchase on amazon firstly the flash sale(terrible) second i replaced my handset coz the handset touch(right corner) isn't working properly touch issues. But the replaced one's pre applied scratch guard is not applied properly i removed it. By the one day of usage of replaced one im not having any issue. Lets see how it goes till
I'm not going to mention about pro's much since everybody else will do it anyways. Will talk about the cons and major flaws in the phone. (I'm sure most of it applies to Note 10 Pro Max as well.)
Honestly, this phone is a big let down. Don't let the big specifications on the out side fool you. Camera: Is okay. Nothing big as hyped. Installed GCam since I've been using it on my previous phone as well and it produces better pictures. But there is some serious problems with that as well. Because the viewfinder is so saturated, the GCam photos look dull in comparison.
Battery: Battery life is ok. Lasts me a day and that's all I want. Charger though is really fast and a plus point for including it in the box.
Sensors: Honestly, there are no sensors on the front and only a camera. While on call it probably uses the front camera to know whether we have held it ahainst our ears or not. That means if you're in a dark place then your screen wont light up even if you take it away from your ears. If the other person wants some info which you may have on your Note app or whatever, then you have to cut the call and then callback. Also, even in day time it is very bad. A lot of times the screen lights up even when held against the ear. This is one of most annoying thing about this phone.
Heat: I thought since it's not a high-end SoC it won't heat that much, but, I was very wrong. Warms up on normal to medium usage and heats up on playing even a little demanding game. Can't imagine playing something like PUBG and stuff. Esp. since people like to play with their chargers plugged. (Bad idea!)
SIM: I've had a lot of calls just not able to hear me. Sometimes in the middle of the call or right from the start. Didn't happen on my old phone so I will hold this phone as the culprit.
WiFi: WiFi signals are just bad on this one. I used to get 3/4 before in my room, now with this phone it drops to 2/4 and even 1/4 occasionally. If you go a little away then your signal just drops.
I've also faced disconnection issues which happens frequently. Either it disconnects or show there in no internet connection on the network that I'm connected to. This thing also led to a lot of frustration for me.
This phone was so hyped up and honestly it's such a disappointment! :(
PROS: Very good Screen quality, but it seems all amoled screens have a amber tinge - they are NEVER pure white. Good clear audio from speakers. VERY LOUD earpiece, the volume has to be turned down. Large, slightly heavy phone. CONS: Below average battery life, esp. when Redmi phones have a history of super batteries!! A 5000 mah+ battery lasts a max of ONE day of NORMAL usage. Software glitches abound !! The Screen doesn't come back on after a call is finished. The screen stutters sometimes, even with 120hz on. MIUI 12.5 needs a LOT of improvement; there are too many bugs. Disappointed overall.
Pros: - Best part of this phone is the super AMOLED display. 120Hz Refresh rate. Kudos to Xiaomi for this upgrade over prev gen. - SD732G performance is smooth. No issues so far.
Cons: -So much hype of 33W fast charging. It doesn't get to 57% in 30 minutes nor 100% in 74 minutes as claimed. Takes almost 2 hours for full charge even after MIUI 12.5 update. - Phone heats up. - Proximity Sensor doesn't work properly. The screen becomes active sometimes while on call. It leads to muting our microphone or call being set to 'on hold'
- Camera is average. - Software is typical MIUI with some bloatware. - Overall average performance let down by charging speed.
Review after 4 days I felt camera is not so good, picture are grainy and not natural. Caller voice is too low and while using speaker also. If u r old redmi user u won't feel any difference in new phone except camera AI. Phone is hanging in middle of video. U can't hold mobile for so long time because of glass weight.
i dont know if anyone would bother reading this but please dont waste your hard earned money on this stupid smartphone. It is made for people with less knowledge about tech to just go in with their cash. I've used this device for more than a week now and the amount of bugs i've encountered is horrendous. issues i've faced- 1) Screen flickering 2) Performance dip while doing even youtube or facebook 3) switching to 60hz from 120hz for split seconds 4) HEATING ISSUES (its alot trust me) 5) the UI... dont even get me started
i've given two stars because at least they tried... so depressing of a phone
I have used redmi phones before, but the quality of MIUI continues to detoriate, making for a disappointing experience. Here are some bugs/glitches I experienced.
1. The notification center is all kinds of messed up, and the "wifi" and "bluetooth" buttons are basically broken. Clicking the wifi button first displays "no network" and takes a couple of open and close routines for the network's to show up. Alternatively you have navigate into the setting and refresh the search. Similar problem with Bluetooth.
2. 3rd party launchers. having paid for my 3rd party launcher I wished to use it , though I cannot do so with gestures. Up until now you turn on "gesture navigation" and run FNG to work around this, but the latest update FORCES navigation buttons onto your screen if you're using a 3rd party launcher. MIUI also REQUIRES you to have a MI account if you want to unlock the "USB debugging (security settings) " option you would need to hide these buttons through ADB. Pointless addition and only causes more inconvenience.
3. Floating windows : This is also kinds of broken too. Every now and then, the floating window (youtube, maps etc) will attach itself to the keyboard and does not go away. Closing the keyboard closes the floating window and cuts the playback as well. The only way to fix this is to reboot.
4. The proximity sensor : I understand that this is a QC problem but if enough people are complaining about it, the QC is probably not any good. I have basically given up on listening to whatsapp voice notes from the speaker of my phone because the proximity sensor malfunctions and keeps changing the audio from speaker to phone, pauses it, and turns the screen off.
-Suddenly, the keyboard will stop working. You cannot open it, you cannot force Gboard to stop, you cannot do anything to fix it but re-start it.
Some more minor Annoyances.
- Silent mode and DND function weirdly, sometimes my alarm rings sometimes it doesn't.
-The color coding in the contacts is terrible, and you cannot tell at a glance who has called you howmany times easily.
-Most of the default apps are pretty bad and I've switched them out for Google alternatives.
-144hz causes the UI to stutter at times.
Concluding thoughts : this phone is well built, good looking, sleek and comes with a beautiful display, all the qualities to succeed. However, MIUI makes it extremely inconvenient to use and untrustworthy (I have had my keyboard stop working on multiple occasions when I am using maps to navigate an unknown area, meaning I have to restart. This is not reliable). Perhaps if you want to use a custom ROM etc this might be a really good bet. If you want to use it with MIUI ? I'd look elsewhere