To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
I have been using this oil for about 2 months now and here’s what I think:
1) Scent- Pungent and a very umami smell. Fades after a few minutes and doesn’t bother me.
2) Staining- light yellow in colour but doesn’t stain my pillow or bed sheets. Don’t know what will happen if I had pure white sheets. Doesn’t stain skin at all
3) Moisturising- 10/10. It is very lightweight but when applied at the end of the routine it does a fantastic job of holding in the moisture. Skin looks and feels plump and baby soft
4) Effect on Acne- I have extremely acne prone skin and am on Tretinoin. It did not aggravate my acne at all. There was no clogged pores nothing.
5) Effect on Pigmentation- With longterm use I do notice a bit of a glow but I don’t think it has worked on pigmentation or dark spots.
6) Effect on fine lines- I am 24. Fine lines aren’t an issue for me but the little ones I have under my eyes did not change one bit. So it doesn’t work on fine lines
Final Verdict: I love this oil for the glow it gives me. My skin is overall really healthy and this has helped me with Tretinoin related irritation as well. My skin is soft and plump and I would never want to go back. I will always repurchase. If pigmentation is your main concern then Minimalist Tranexamic Acid is perfect. This one is just for healthy and moisturised skin.
Do not buy it unless you want your room to smell like you just had it sprayed with anti-mosquito chemicals. A few weeks in, I don't think I see it making any difference at all. Face is completely oily, smells terrible, the pillows smell terrible, and it's just pointless. Buy some other company's Vitamin C.
Unexpectedly amazing find at this price! Using it with my night time retinol and has gotten rid of all the dry bits coz of retinol and uneven skin starting from the first use.It's less oily and more syrupy to touch than your regular rosehip with a sour smell,probably the vit C in it.A lil will go a long.Will be buying again and totally recommend for someone looking for rosehip oil and vit C at the same time. Keep up the good quality guys!