Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Please enter your mobile phone number or email address
By pressing "Send link", you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Fundamentals of Nursing,: The Art and Science of Person-centered Care Hardcover – Import, 5 October 2018
10 Days Replacement OnlyThis item is eligible for free replacement, within 10 days of delivery, in an unlikely event of damaged, defective or different item delivered to you. Please keep the item in its original condition, with outer box or case, accessories, CDs, user manual, warranty cards, scratch cards, and other accompaniments in manufacturer packaging for a successful return pick-up. We may contact you to ascertain the damage or defect in the product prior to issuing replacement.
This bestselling fundamentals solution is easy to read and rich with student-friendly features that help students develop the knowledge and clinical skills to succeed in their nursing education. Trusted content not only details the basics of nursing&;health promotion, the use of scientific rationales, and the approved nursing process&;but also builds essential patient safety, communication, and critical thinking capabilities.
This edition adds new features that encourage reflection, highlight QSEN-related content, and familiarize students with emerging technology they will likely encounter in practice. A new informatics chapter prepares students for their important role working with emerging health information technology and managing patient data. Case-based clinical scenarios put chapter concepts in a realistic context, and content throughout integrates seamlessly with a suite of teaching and learning tools to bring the entire nursing continuum to life and equip students to excel throughout their nursing careers.
- New! Reflective Practice Leading to Personal Learning callouts cultivate a person-centered approach to nursing care.
- New! Clinical vignettes personalize the clinical application of concepts and integrate with vSim for Nursing for patient-specific reinforcement of commonly encountered scenarios and conditions.
- New! Technology Alerts familiarize students with emerging devices and software they&;ll likely encounter in the clinical setting.
- New! Informatics chapter reflects the increasingly important role of data and information technology in patient care.
- New! QSEN boxes in every chapter help students ensure compliance with Quality and Safety Education for Nurses competencies.
- NEW! Legal Alerts help students ensure compliance with important laws and considerations related to clinical practice.
- New! Watch & Learn Videos clarify key concepts and procedures in engaging detail.
- Revised! Illustrated Concept Maps engage visual learners, simplify complex topics, and strengthen students&; clinical reasoning skills.
- Case scenarios in each chapter encourage holistic patient care and reflection on critical thinking questions.
- PICO (patient/problem, intervention, comparison, outcome) displays guide students through a structured, evidence-based approach to answering clinical questions.
- Concept Mastery Alerts improve students&; understanding of potentially confusing topics.
- Apply Your Critical Thinking features challenge students to think deeply on key concepts.
- Patient Care Plans and Skills sections outline streamline students&; transition from the classroom to clinical practice.
- NCLEX-style Review Questions ready students for the NCLEX exam experience.
About the Author
Gwynedd Mercy University
Frances M. Maguire School of Nursing and Health Professions
Gwynedd Valley, PA
- Publisher : LWW; 9th edition (5 October 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1863 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1496362179
- ISBN-13 : 978-1496362179
- Item Weight : 3 kg 830 g
- Dimensions : 21.84 x 5.84 x 28.19 cm
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
Only complaint as of now is the binding on the side is starting not to hold up as well when I first purchased in early January.
I am currently using it and the tables will cut off halfway so I have information that I cannot read because it is not on there! I tried zooming out and making the font very small but it still does not show the lower portion of the tables listed in the chapters. This book is very expensive for it to be missing information. I don't recommend buying the kindle version, I have to ask my friends for pictures of their books because I need that information for class.
Reviewed in the United States on 10 September 2019